Duquesne gets a double dose of Fordham this evening as the men face them at home while the women head to the Bronx. Rogabee has your women’s preview covered here.
Some Notes and Links:
- I provided some background information on Fordham over the weekend. I talked about how recruiting has picked up for Tom Pecora, provided a profile of their lineup and touched on their system.
- On Monday, I teamed with Jaden Daly of A Daly Dose of Hoops for a Q + A on Fordham. He lets us know why Duquesne fans and coaches alike need to take Fordham seriously. He says that when the Rams are on their game, they are a mid Atlantic 10 caliber team right now, in spite of their lack of depth and consistent scoring inside. Further, he explains that their four guard lineup will try to spread the Dukes defense out.
- I returned the favor and talked Duquesne hoops in a Q + A for Daly.
- Jim Ferry calls the team “significantly better” than the last time they faced Fordham in the PG coverage. Also, Ferry and Pecora are besties.
- Ovie Soko’s going for his fifth consecutive twenty point game.
- The Dukes have the 8th fewest turnovers in the NCAA so far this year. Micah Mason and Jeremiah Jones both have less than 10 giveaways. Duquesne media release
- The Dukes are a four point favorite.
Key for the Dukes
- Make Jon Severe’s life miserable tonight
- Push play inside on offense. Duquesne will have at least a six inch advantage in the post for either Soko or McKoy.
- Stay home on the defensive glass. Fordham are a good offensive rebounding team and all five Dukes will be responsible for eliminating second chance opportunities
- Crash the offensive glass. At the same time, Fordham does not rebound well defensively.
- Wear them out or get them in foul trouble. Fordham only has a handful of players they like to go to off the bench. It would be great for Duquesne to get some of their starters especially Ryan Roomes in foul trouble.
Topics: Duquesne Dukes