As promised, the PBC Pro-AM rosters were released today and they hit the interweb via Matt Steinbrink of Panther Lair’s twitter feed.
Some interesting points that jump out at me.
- As was reported, there will be two members of a college on a team maximum with two games being played at once. This means I will need to figure out how to be in two places at once by Monday.
- TJ McConnell is listed on the Bakery Square team. I was under the impression that he would not be playing this summer, but love him or hate him, he’d be an exciting addition to the league.
- Duquesne’s two shooters, Micah Mason and LG Gill, will be playing on a team with James Robinson. There are quite a few point guards who ball hog it up at the PBC Pro-Am. Robinson is generally not one of them so he makes a great teammate for those two on System One.
- Eric James and Rene Castro have their work cut out for them on Shale Attorney.
- South Hills Audi is my favorite to win the league. Once again they’re the alumni + the Cresslers. This time, they also added two Pitt players, Sheldon Jeter and Cam Johnson
- I love that Jordan Robinson will have Derrick Colter as his point guard. Jordan doesn’t create much for himself and it’ll be nice to know he has a teammate that will be able to get him the ball. Crons also has Ryan Luther, Cameron Wright, and Elijiah Minnie making them my second favorite team.
- With Dominique McKoy, Jamel Artis, Jonathan Holton and incoming Robert Morris big Andre Fredrick, UPMC is huge. Guards Kavon Stewart and Desmond “Rideau” should have a field day.
So Monday Night, I’ll be hitting up PGT and Shale Attorney in Game 1 followed by Crons and UPMC in the second. Anyone volunteer who would take notes for me at the second game would make me a very happy blogger.